How to flash a Xtrend ET-9000
Here is how you to install an image with a simple USB memory stick on the Clarke Tech ET-9000
Remember to backup any settings and other personal settings if you want to save those from a previous image.
- Download an USB image for your ET-9000 on your computer
- Put in a USB memory stick in a USB plug on your computer
- Make sure the memory stick is formatted as Fat 32
(note if you have a USB stick with lots of space maybe you need a Fat32 format tool for doing it in Windows 7)
- Unzip the USB image files (Usually the image zip contains a folder called et9000 if not you have to make a et9000 folder in the root of your USB memory stick)
(you should now have these files inside the et9000 folder)
- Remove the USB memory stick from you computer
(It is recommended to do it by using the safely Remove Hardware notification area icon (besides the clock right corner), and click on the Eject drive for the drive letter of your USB stick. Wait for Safe to remove hardware message)
- Power off the ET-9000
- Insert memory stick into front USB slot on the ET-9000
- Power on your ET-9000 and wait for image found in the display of the ET-9000
- Press ok button on the ET-9000
- Wait for the flashing followed by reboot
You should now have the newly installed image booting.
OpenPli release new beta versions every day – Do I need to do this every day?
No if you already have Openpli installed you can hit the blue button on your ET-9000 remote then software management and do a software update.